Care System 2
For wood floor surfaces that are Natural Oiled Surfaces, we have the Care System 2, detailing the general maintenance that you can expect with this floor finish.
- It is important that you dry mop or vacuum the surface of the wood floor to remove loose grit or food deposits on the floor.
- If you are using the spray soap version, please spray a small area, at hip level and do not aim directly at the floor, so this can be managed.
- Use a damp mop head or well wrung-out cleaning pad to clean the surface of the wood floor.
- If you are using the concentrated wood soap please do not forget to dilute the solution as detailed on the bottle, with warm water prior to cleaning the wood floor. REMEMBER that the mop should be well wrung out before you clean the surface of the wood floor.
- As you clean the wood floor with the soap (which contains detergents) this will start to remove the protection that the natural oil offers over time. It will require you to apply the refresher oil / or maintenance oil subject to the condition of the floor to further protect the wood floor surface.
Refreshing the Surface
If the wood floor is usually in good condition and does not require regular cleaning, then we suggest using the Refresher as a replacement for the soap (until the floor is dirty-then please use the soap). The refresher for natural oiled floors will contain a wax ingredient, which will offer further protection to the surface of the wood floor and revitalise the surface of the floor. You can achieve better results with a polishing machine if you are applying to a large surface.
If you notice the wood floor is looking dry, it would be advisable to apply the maintenance oil to the surface offering better protection to the surface of the wood floor. Generally this is undertaken every 12 months, or 6 months if in a high traffic area.
- Important to clean the wood floor prior to applying the maintenance oil. (This should be left to dry for at least 8 hours)
- Apply the Maintenance Oil with a pad, paint roller, cotton cloth or polishing machine for large surfaces.
- Wipe the floor clean dry with cotton cloths (Please dispose of cloths after use)