It is only natural that hardwood floors will show signs of wear and tear over time. You can expect many years of beauty from your floor by maintaining a regular cleaning and maintenance routine.
- Keep the area installed for the wood floor between 45-56% Relative Humidity and between 18-24c, including periods when the property is unoccupied.
- Internal/External entrance matting at all entrances to the property will prevent abrasive particles being carried onto the floor and will extend the life of the floor finish.
- Use self adhesive felt pads on furniture to protect the floor from excessive scratching and self adhesive pads with castor cups under wheeled furniture.
- A purpose made polypropylene floor mat or PVC chair protection which is highly transparent must be used below office furniture, otherwise heavy scratching will break the finish protecting the wood floor.
- Stiletto heels may damage wood floor finish and cause compression marks on some wood species, and are not recommended for wearing on wooden floors.
- Follow the Under Floor Heating guidelines and never exceed surface temperature of 27c. Please note Gaps, End splits, Cupping are signs that the UFH is running too high.
- Please keep pet claws trimmed, clean and free dirt and soil.
- Daily/weekly cleaning consists of sweeping with a soft brush or dust attracting flat head mop.
- Please only use the recommended maintenance products from your retailer/authorised seller.
- Floors can be periodically cleaned with an almost dry run out cloth, avoiding using excessive moisture.
- DO NOT WET MOP the floor, and wipe up any spills immediately with a damp cloth.
- DO NOT USE STEAM MOPS
- Remove rugs, when away from the property/site to even UV exposure otherwise rugs covering the wood floor will leave outlines on the wood floor. It will take time to even out the overall tone as it matures if covered for long periods. Periodically move furniture around to allow the floor to age evenly.
All customers will receive a copy of the maintenance guide, with specific details relating to their chosen floor, and what maintenance schedule they should follow.